With an award from Yelp.com among other accolades, Gigio's Pizzeria on Oakton Street has been pleasing locals since its recent move from Albany Park.
This cozy restaurant has room for a few inside and a few more on the back porch, but most customers call for delivery or take out. Thin-crust lovers rave about the pizza here, which is available in a giant 18" size, but Gigio's also serves delicious Italian beef, hot wings and veal cutlets, as well as traditional Italian desserts like tiramisu and gelato.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 9pm; Fri, 11am - 11pm; Sat, 11am - 9pm; Sun, 3pm - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are handicapped spaces in the lot behind the building.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash
- Products: Pizza, salads, sandwiches, Italian-style dinners
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: gigiospizza.com/GigiosMENU.htm
- Specialties: Lasagna for $8.95 on Mondays
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Dessert / Ice Cream, Italian
- Signature dishes: Panzerotti: rolled dough stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, then deep-fried or baked
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Mama Nitti's pizza in the pan
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Quiet
- Dress code: Casual