Des Plaines Public Library houses a vast collection of books, CDs, DVDs, magazines and music. The four-story building is one the largest public libraries in the Chicagoland area. It offers free wi-fi and services for the vision- and hearing-impaired. There are meeting rooms that can be reserved for public use and it hosts regular events for kids, teens and adults, like Family Movie Night. Sign-up for the E-newsletter or follow the library on Facebook and Twitter. The website is extremely extensive and it also hosts several blogs. Find these blogs under the "What's New?" tab on the website.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 9pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp and an elevator. There are also vision- and hearing-impaired services.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Size of collection: 275,000
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: There is a filtering system that is used to block pornographic images, but parents are responsible for monitoring children's internet use.
- Book donation information: Donations are accepted year-round through 'Friends of the Library', a nonprofit organization that raises money for the library through used-book sales. It also assists with various library events and programs.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No