Being single on Valentine's Day can be a blessing or a curse. On one hand, you don't need to spend money on any extravagant gifts or worry about making dinner reservations at the right restaurant, but on the other, it may be a little lonely.
So what is a single person to do on the most romantic day of the year? Wellness coach Jamie Bajgert has more than a few ideas for you:Single this Valentine's Day? Celebrate it in style! Here are some easy tips to stay on the go and meet new people!
- Keep yourself busy and engaged in the current relationships you have with friends and family.
- Start new hobbies. Why not try out a cooking class? Not only will you learn how to make great food and get out of the house, you might even meet some new friends in class!
- Do your normal routine in a new place. Try reading your book at Starbucks instead of curled up on your couch. Always pick up lunch at the same deli? Try a new one! You never know who you will run into.
- Feeling down? Try out a new look! A new hairstyle or color might do the trick to get you out of your funk.
- Get Healthy! Start a new workout routine or health plan. You will feel better about yourself and gain more confidence. If you are having troubles sticking to your plan consider getting a workout buddy or a wellness coach to help you stay on track.
- Try something new and out of your comfort zone once a month. Have your friends been trying to get you to go speed dating and you have been too nervous? Make yourself a promise to give it a try next month. You never know unless you try it!
- Join a new club or activity. Try yoga or a photography club, something you have always wanted to do. Many areas now have singles adventure clubs, a great way to meet new people!
- Host a singles dinner or party. Don’t know a lot of single people? Have your couple’s friends bring along a single friend- it will be a good mix of new and old friends!
- Review your life- Evaluate where you are vs. where you want to be. Although it’s not always easy, this is a good way to determine what areas of your life you want to work on.
- Create your own personal happiness. Live the way you want, for yourself- not for other people. Make 2013 YOUR year!
Are you ready to make changes in your life? Uniquely You Wellness Coaching is ready to help! We will work with you to become the best person that you can be. Your coach is your partner; somebody that will work with you on improving those things in your life that need attention. They will learn what is important to you, what changes you would like to see in your life, learn what motivates you, and work with you to create an action plan to achieve your goals. They will provide structure, hold you accountable, and inspire you to reach your goals. Are you ready to live your best life? We’re ready to help you do just that! http://www.uniquelyyouwellness.com/