Sports Bar, Hardware Store, Catch Fire

Unrelated fires at two Des Plaines businesses were extinguished on Monday.

responded to a pair of unrelated fires at Des Plaines businesses Monday.

Firefighters were dispatched to a grease fire at Stadium Sports Club & Pizza, 769 Holiday Lane at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 2. In an email to Patch, Fire Chief Alan Wax wrote that an extinguishing system was activated, and limited the blaze, but didn’t contain it, as it spread into overhead ducts and the ceiling.

The fire was extinguished within five minutes after crews arrived, and there were no injuries, Wax wrote. The cause was cooking grease in deep fryers igniting, and the preliminary estimate on loss was $4,500. Mount Prospect and Elk Grove Township fire departments assisted with personnel and equipment.


The letter “E” of the exterior sign at Ace Hardware, 1045 E. Oakton St., erupted in flames from an electrical fire Monday night, according to Wax. Firefighters arrived on the scene at 6 p.m. on Jan. 2 and quickly extinguished the fire. There were no injuries and the estimated loss was $1000.

Connect on Facebook.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »