As the New Year approaches, we’re looking back at some of the most frequently read stories during 2012. This is the second in the five-part series, which will run every day until Dec. 31. The stories are organized, somewhat, into chronological order. Sign up for Des Plaines Patch’s free newsletter to make it easy to see all of Des Plaines Patch’s Top Stories 2012.
A naked man covered in what appeared to be blood led police to find a suspected meth and ecstasy lab near Campbell Avenue and Center Street on April 23, Des Plaines Police stated.
, opened in May in a building that was home to The Farm and Garden Store at one time, a destination for area gardeners seeking supplies from birdseed to fertilizer to feeders to overalls.
Des Plaines police shot and killed a Des Plaines man following a traffic stop outside a strip mall in the 1900 block of E. Touhy Avenue at approximately 3:12 p.m. on May 13, police stated on May 14. Police stated officers involved were injured, treated at Lutheran General Hospital and released.
Also in May, the body of a deceased woman was found by a passer-by in front of the Des Plaines Police Department on Miner Street.
Here are Des Plaines Patch’s Top Stories 2012; we’ll add to this list every day until Dec. 31:
- Fashion Outlet Mall Coming to Rosemont published Feb. 23, 2012.
- Police Looking for Driver that Struck Des Plaines Boy published Feb. 27, 2012.
- Maine West Student Killed on I-90 Remembered for Getting Along with Everybody published Feb. 27, 2012.
- Driver that Hit Teen on I-90 Not Charged published Feb. 29, 2012.
- Gingrich: Package Tracking Could Be Used to Locate Illegal Immigrants published March 14, 2012.
- published April 24, 2012.
- Former Gardening Center Grows into New Restaurant published May 9, 2012.
- Update: Police Shot and Killed a Des Plaines Man Outside a Strip Mall published May 14, 2012.
- More Details: Fatal Shooting Occurs After Traffic Stop on Sunday published May 15, 2012.
- Woman Found Dead in Front of Police Station published May 29, 2012.