Here’s to a happy and healthy new year! More time with family and more time for fun. As the new year approaches, many of us consider making sweeping changes to better our health and well-being. Making resolutions is easy, but keeping them is hard! This year, let’s make some simple changes to our routine that will put us on track for a lifetime of healthy living and happier days. We are here to help!
1. Resolve to be more active. Start slowly! Swing by Prairie Lakes and take a walk around our indoor track. It’s free. Talk to one of our personal trainers. Try a group fitness class. After just an hour in a beginner level class you will feel ready to take on the day!
2. Resolve to stay fit and healthy. Browse the Winter Spectrum program guide for a class that fits your schedule. From aerobics to Zumba, we have a class that will help you stretch, strengthen, and sculpt a healthier body. One day a week, that’s all it takes.
3. Resolve to spend more time with family. Join us for a class or program that let’s you spend time with your kids, without the usual digital distractions. Try Dad & Me Fun with Football, a parent and child soccer, martial arts, or early childhood class. Evening and Saturday classes are available.
4. Resolve to try something new. Have you always wanted to learn to play the piano? Guitar? Draw? Swim? Cook? Golf? Classes and lessons are available to help you realize your every passion, and introduce your child to a new activity.
5. Resolve to help others. Carpool with friends and neighbors to a class. Become a volunteer coach. Donate food to the Self Help Pantry in Des Plaines. Join our Friends of the Parks Organization. Every little bit helps make this a better community!
Registration is in progress for winter programs, sports, and special events. Information is available online, and copies of the Winter Spectrum are available in all facilities. Seek. Find. Enjoy!
Want more information? It’s all here: www.DPParks.org or call 847-391-5700.
See you around the parks!