Invite a friend
Get Published: Best-Selling Author Shares Her Secrets
Do you have a book in your heart but you just can't get started? Or finished? Or maybe you don't know how to find the time to write it, or maybe you don’t know how to get it published once it's complete.
Best-selling international author Rita Emmett will welcome 5 to 8 writers to her Des Plaines home the weekend of April 28 and 29 to learn and discuss the process of writing a book and getting it published.
Emmett says, "When I was writing my first book, The Procrastinator's Handbook, I could not find any help for authors. The book took years to complete while I attended a 12 week continuing education class, joined a writers' group for two years, and flew to Costa Mesa, California to attend a 3 day conference on publishing and promoting a book. It was expensive, exhausting and time-consuming."
The result: her book sold 100,000 copies in its first year, won awards, landed her an interview with Katie Couric and is published in 32 countries. Since then, she has had 3 more books published, plus she and her husband are invited to cruise free in exchange for speaking about her books.
Rita will share her expertise for a modest fee with a small group of writers. She has scheduled the last weekend of April, from 10:00 AM till 4:00 PM both Saturday & Sunday.
You will learn:
- how to find time to write
- a strategy to beat procrastination when it keeps you from writing
- to organize your materials, include all that you should and feel confident
- a simple system to write your book FAST
- what agents do
- pros and cons of working with an agent
- how to find a good, honest, hard-working literary agent
- the pros and cons of self-publishing vs. trade publishing
- ideas for promoting your book
- secrets to obtaining endorsements from famous celebrities
Emmett says, "After spending two days together, writers will have the tools to successfully finish their books, get them published, and maybe even have a best-seller." For further details and to apply, call 847-699-9950 or email REmmett412@aol.com. Apply now - only the first eight will be accepted. Don’t procrastinate.