Invite a friend
Basic Computer Skills
Does it seem like absolutely everybody but you is using a computer? Do you know a little about computers but have never used one? Or have you tried to use a computer but just got frustrated? Then the Basic Computer Skills class is for you. You will learn the handful of basic mouse and typing skills that are needed to use simple computer programs and perform tasks online. The class will be as much fun as it is informative.
Free parking in designated locations.
|Where||Des Plaines Public Library 1501 Ellinwood Ave, Des Plaines, IL 60016|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–11:30 am|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Des Plaines Public Library
Des Plaines Public Library houses a vast collection of books, CDs, DVDs, magazines and music. The four-story building is one the largest public libraries in the Chicagoland area. It offers free wi-fi and services for the vision- and hearing-impaired. There are meeting rooms that can be reserved for public use and it hosts regular events for kids, teens and adults, like Family Movie Night. Sign-up for the E-newsletter or follow the library on Facebook and Twitter. The website is extremely extensive and it also hosts several blogs. Find these blogs under the "What's New?" tab on the website.
Other events here
- Federal Affordable Care Act & You Today, May 22, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups Weekly on Thursdays, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Ain's WiII Got Fun? Fri, May 24, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Ain't We Got Fun! May 24, 2013 / June 7, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Family Storytime Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–7:00 pm
- DPPL Writing Group May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 11, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Meet with Congresswoman Schakowsky's Office Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–5:00 pm
- Frugal Friends Coupon Club - Eat for Less! Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Sunday Afternoon Movies Sun, Jun 2, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Tuesday Morning Book Group Tue, Jun 4, 10:00 am–11:00 am