The Des Plaines Park District and the City of Des Plaines will host the 11th Annual National Women's Health & Fitness Day on Wednesday, September 26, from 3:00-7:00pm at Prairie Lakes Community Center. The schedule of free events includes:
- a workout day for women in the Prairie Lakes Community Center;
- a 30 minute Zumba Gold class at 6:00pm,
- a 30 minute Taste of Cycling class at 5:00pm;
- a 30 minute Yoga class at 5:30pm;
- Body Fat Analysis by Des Plaines Park District personal trainers;
- free blood pressure checks by Madeline May, the City Nurse;
- free cooking demonstrations by Chef Susan Maddox;
- Laura Shelley, a nurse from Advocate Lutheran General Health Department, will provide information on breast cancer and mammography;
- The Des Plaines Public Library will exhibit a selection of fitness and health books and DVD’s;
- Brest Care Navigator, Maureen B. Staunton, from Holy Family Medical Center will answer questions about their newly redesigned Women’s Imaging Center;
- Diane Ratto, PT Pelvic Floor Therapist for Holy Family medical Center will be on hand to answer questions,
- Caryl Desserich, Wellness Consultant and Certified L.E.A.N Coach and Juice Plus representative will answer questions about healthy eating,
- Harper College Dental Hygienist Students will provide information about oral hygiene.
Prairie Lakes Community Center is located at 515 E. Thacker Street, Des Plaines. For more information call 847-391-5711 or visit www.DPParks.org.