Benjy Banuelos, a 10-year-old who attends Plainfield Elementary School, was recognized Monday night for his lifesaving actions during a December house fire. He was at a family gathering in the home's basement when leaking gasoline caused a flash fire. Banuelos’ pants caught fire as he escaped. He did a stop-drop-and-roll to extinguish the fire and then yelled for his other family members to get out of the home. Banuelos then called 911, which is believed to be the first call received from the scene. Additionally, five Des Plaines fire department employees were recognized Monday night with the lifesaving award, which the city awards to personnel for their prompt response and lifesaving decisions.